As President of Lillie Mae PR and Creator of the Glambitious Empowerment Network – Lillie Mae has dedicated her efforts to empowering, recognizing and supporting entrepreneurs of all facets around the world. From London to Egypt, she has connected with women through podcasts, books, masterclasses, innovative events and empowerment tours, to provide them with unique resources that would elevate them professionally and personally. Having emerged from very humble beginnings in Winston Salem, North Carolina to becoming a graduate of UNC Chapel Hill; Lillie Mae also travels the country as a motivational speaker empowering people of all facets to overcome obstacles, face their fears and live the life of their dreams.
In 2016 she hosted her signature All White Brunch Tour in Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte and Washington DC. She also presented the first annual Glambitious Business Grant to a deserving female entrepreneur. Her Public Relations efforts have extended nationally for client placements including USA Today, The Hollywood Reporter, Madame Noire & Yahoo News. Lillie Mae herself has also been featured on TMZ, Huffington Post, The Examiner and more.
On this episode of She Rises, Host Giovanna Capozza talks to Lillie Mae:
- Lillie Mae went to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, got an internship at Motown Records – this was the beginning of her career.
- Her Motown internship helped her develop her thirst and propel her ambition for a thrilling career with a lot of excitement.
- One of her earliest challenges was to not overthink ideas, causing them to not take risks.
- Women need to be their biggest fans and their own biggest promoters; consider working with a publicist if you have a budget.
- To cultivate a successful brand, you have to let people know about your wins.
- #1 DIY PR tip: If possible, get to know some of the media in your area that speaks to your target demographic.
- Don’t discount some of the smaller media platforms and don’t be afraid to pitch yourself to bloggers in your area of expertise.
- The biggest mistake people make in promotions: Promoting themselves to the same group of people, not outside their network.
- As a business owner, hone in on your skillset, but also think outside of the box. Have a menu of offerings.
- Lillie Mae has materialized a desire to cultivate success in other women and provide them resources.
- Her new book, Glambitious Guide to Greatness is written by over 30 co-authors and inspires women in different areas of life, business and personal.
- Lillie Mae came from humble beginnings, but she knew it wouldn’t be like that forever – she lived by that mindset.
- “As women, we sometimes get caught up in self-doubt.”
- “You have to grow comfortable with the possibility of something not working out.”
- “The only failure lies in taking the risk, but not getting the lesson.”
- “This moment is not my forever.”