Welcome back to another episode of She Rises! Today, Giovanna talks with Nutrition expert Carly Pollack. Carly Pollack is the author of Feed Your Soul and is the founder of Nutritional Wisdom, a thriving private practice based in Austin, Texas. A Certified Clinical Nutritionist with a master’s degree in holistic nutrition, Carly has been awarded Best Nutritionist in Austin five years running and has helped over 10,000 people achieve their health and happiness goals. In Feed Your Soul: Nutritional Wisdom to Lose Weight Permanently and Live Fulfilled (New World Library, February 5, 2019), she presents her unique understanding of body science, brain wiring, and spiritual principles to facilitate real, long-term change.
- Carly explains we teach what we most need to hear
- Carly talks about how we need to nourish our whole self
- Carly discusses deprivation and how it works against us
- Giovanna emphasizes that it is not just about behavior modification
- Carly explains the two current schools of thought
- Giovanna talks about how boundaries are a positive thing
- You can’t hate yourself skinny.
- Love creates change, not fear.
- Thoughts drive Emotions. Emotions dictate change.
- Body shaming is a waste of time.
- If people don’t have the tools, they will never make a permanent change.